Re: Please name a cross-platform FOSS app that is failing

After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Matt wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> It was anything but clear. But that was, naturally, your intention. You
> need the possibility to redefine your "requirements" on the fly
>
> < snip  pure, unadultered garbage >

No average user is going to try Linux simply because there is one app on
Linux that is better than all similar apps on Windows.

In fact, even if /every/ app, cross-platform or not, was better on Linux,
few average users would make the leap.

The only time an application becomes an issue (and I state this empirically
based on many posts I have seen) is for a user who has /already/ become
a steady user of Linux, but refuses to dump Windows because of some app or
two is a "killer app" for him/her.

People will not even think of venturing from Windows unless Windows has
become a more painful eXPerience for them than the pain of trying another
operating system.

For those people, cross-platform apps merely cement them more firmly to
Windows.  Firefox and Open Office are two prime examples.

--
Correction does much, but encouragement does more.
		-- Goethe