Re: TALKING POINTS Microsoft Memo (Comes Antitrust)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:46:06 +0100, Hadron
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> George Barca wrote:
>>
>>> I'll bet China can't wait for the patent system to break down.
>>

>> Software patents represent a derangement of innovative processes and a
>> significant impediment to progress in software and in technology
>> generally.
>
>They also make people think twice about stealing other people's work.

Which is my point. It seems that expecting to be compensated for
work is a dirty concept around here. I do agree that the patent
system needs an overhaul though and that the people making the
decisions in some cases haven't a clue what they are doing, or so
it appears.
George Barca
georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx