Re: Microsoft Cuts 10,000+ Jobs?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:30:15 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

>> Can you name a *SINGLE* OS that has come down in price over
>> the years?  I sure can't.

Note: He didn't answer the question.  That speaks volumes.

> For one, Roy Schestowitz's only one so called sin against the
> Wintrolls is his posts, which contains bits of truth about Linux,
> the OS market place and things of interest to the Linux
> community.  Only on an occasion does he interject personal
> opinion, most are direct quotes for all to see.  To call him
> someone who rubs people wrong is simply not true.

No, his sin is posting things he *KNOWS* are false.  Things he has admitted
to knowing are false, yet continues to repost them.  Things he's been
notified are false, yet does nothing.  He's not beyond character
assasinations himself, as Tim has documented here, and rather than
retracting his comments, he uses HTML markup to "cross out" things, which
doesn't remove the text from the search engines.  In other words, he
doesn't bother to change the semantic meaning of his prattle and relies on
visual markup to pretend he's doing a retraction.

He claims anyone that disagrees with him is employed by Microsoft, and has
gotten into some serious trouble over this.  See:

http://sites.google.com/site/gordymichaels/thoughts-on-advocacy/hit-jobs-gone-wrong

> Regarding Microsoft's OS, I have seen very little change in my
> copies of Windows XP Home.  Yes, I have faithfully kept them
> updated with service packs, but they still remain the same basic
> operating system that they were installed as 6 years ago.  The
> only difference is that with the service packs corrected memory
> allocation instabilities.  Now Command and Conquer Generals does
> not require a reboot after play, whereas 6 years ago it did.
> Else, the system would become unstable.
>
> Regarding 64 bit, tablet and media versions, I have no need of
> these.  I don't consider them as improvements to my dual boot
> Win32 versions, so they don't apply.

Well, i've not seen any change to my 10 year old copy of linux sitting here
either, so I guess Linux is never updated either.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds?  Just because YOU don't see a change
doesn't mean Microsoft isn't spending money on Windows.

In case you've forgotten, you claimed that the cost of New copies of
Windows XP today should have gone down in price because, according to you,
Microsoft hasn't spent any more money on it and has recouped all their
costs.

Now why would you change the goalposts like that?  Oh, maybe because you
don't want to admit that you made a stupid mistake and want to weasel out
of it.

> I don't appreciate Mr. Funkenbusch's insinuations that advocates
> such as I are don't stick to the truth (essentially spread lies)
> and so called "rub people" in the wrong direction.

You don't stick to the truth, and i've documented many of your lies, as
well as Roy's, as have others.  This is so flagrant and so common that it
has to be intentional.

Need we remind you how were pretending to be multiple people Mr. Nymshifter
Rafael?  You don't call that dishonest?

> This is one of the reasons that advocates provided Section 7.6,
> Disinformation Tactics in the official FAQ found at

No, it's why you keep posting bullshit trying to make people forget about
your dishonesty.

So, I'll ask again.