Re: Linux.com - 'Boycott Novell is unprofessional, makes me nautious and embarassed to say I know of anything about Linux.'

Ezekiel wrote:
"Megabyte" <Megabyte.NoSPAM@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Yl5cm.37039$Db2.11037@xxxxxxxxxxx
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:42:51 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

"Moshe Goldfarb" <moshegoldfarb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:h4q84b$mvd$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:14:05 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

But I'm sure that Roy's lapdogs (Chris) will now claim that LINUX.COM
doesn't speak for Linux. Well... someone should take a look at the domain
name.

<quote>
When I think of an attack blog, the first one that comes to mind is "Boycott
Novell."  Just a few minutes on the site makes me nautious.  So many
self-pointing links, angry rants (and pointless rants?...  irrational
rants?), and images disparaging Microsoft, it leaves me almost embarassed to say I know of anything about Linux. It's not that the site fights for a competitor, it's on our side. The site just goes about it in the wrong
way - primarily by demonizing a company, and even more specifically
demonizing individuals. That's not good. It makes us look bad and very
unprofessional.  I mean professional in the sense that we can stand
competition, we face it with our own offerings, and we do not stoop to such
low levels as attacking individuals.  Remember, it's just a piece of
software!
</quote>

http://linux.com/component/content/article/127-personal/13530
Good work Zeke!!!!!!

MiniWitz should be along any MINute now to defend Schestowitz.

The fact is, this kind of talk is all over the community.
Schestowitz had a chance to do some good for Linux advocacy, but
he has blown it by becoming "The National Enquirer" of the Linux
world.

His own selfish, narcissistic traits have clouded his brain to
the point where he is actually believing some of the garbage he
posts.

Reading his chat channel is like reading a chain letter sent
around the local mental institution.
When regular normal people see some of the crap that Schestowitz and [D]umbass spew of course they're going to be turned away from Linux. What they see is a bunch of foaming at the mouth zealots screaming how Microsoft employees need to be thrown in prison for "crimes against humanity." I mean WTF??? Who in their right mind would want to associate themselves with this sort of "community."
And that is exactly what is happening.

Even people who don't like corporations, like Microsoft for
example, really don't care much.
They move on and they wonder about the sanity of others who make
a career out of slandering and libeling said corporations.

Obviously the "who" are morons like Rick, Ahlstrom, chrisv, HPT and the other COLA "advocates" but I can't understand why. There are real leaders and real causes and a bunch of sane good people out there in the Linux community. Why these "advocates" would choose to associate and align themselves with someone as vile as Roy Schestowitz is puzzling. Why? - Why attach your name and your reputation to some sleazeball like Schestowitz who is loathed by the real community???
I don't get it either?
Screwballs like [Homer] are so strung out on Linux they should
be locked up, medicated and rehabilitated to understand that the
world is not out to get them.

Cracked pots like HPT who regurgitate 10 year old posts and
follow people around logging their comments need to be netted,
sedated and registered in a program where they can learn that
there is more to life than Linux.

These people and others could be decent Linux advocates.
they really could, but they choose the loony road of conspiracy
theories and to follow a pied piper who is not only using them
but is laughing all the way to the bank at the same time.

The bottom line is that people who are backing Roy Schestowitz,
and there are people doing this, will end up being exposed.

Here is an interesting comment by Roy Schestowitz admitting that
he is associated with "backers":

http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/irc-log-17072009.html

schestowitz The Boycott Microsoft site is now not accessible in
the old addresss Jul 17 14:17
schestowitz They are bullies, so... what else to expect Jul 17
14:17
wallclimber it's hosted on the Opera blog Jul 17 14:18

**************READ HERE ******************

schestowitz Last week someone threatened to contact who I was
associated with Jul 17 14:18

schestowitz They still try to harrass and cause trouble Jul 17
14:18
schestowitz PJ moved houses who-knows-how-man-times Jul 17 14:18
schestowitz *many Jul 17 14:18
schestowitz wallclimber: no, that's some fan of BN Jul 17 14:18
schestowitz I saw that when trmanco posted it here Jul 17 14:18
schestowitz my.opera something Jul 17 14:18
schestowitz We have some fans who help

Did either of you even bother to read the article you are referencing? Actions do speak louder than words. It talked about stopping the personal attacks on individuals yet the two of you seem to be ratcheting up the personal attacks

It took me all of 60 seconds to find these "advocate" posts. I suggest that you get your own house in order before telling others how to behave. Let me know when Schestowitz, Koalmann and chrisv stop their personal attacks on people.

Did the Quack asshole respond?  I suppose not.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/9c772c7db63192cf?hl=en

Ashamed?  Those filth?  Those mentally-defective, lying assholes?
Gates is their hero!  To them, might makes right.  They are shit.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c2bd631a383a874d?hl=en

Please soon die, "Hadron".
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/b133873c9a6ce489?hl=en

"Hadron" is a piece of shit.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/957d6807293a6604?hl=en

So because others are doing it that justifies you doing it? Wouldn't setting a personal example be a better approach? Why did you reference the article in your earlier post? Was it to jump all over the criticism of BN yet ignore the whole point of the article which was to stop the hate and personal attacks? The article in question was written by an 18 year old that seems to be displaying more maturity than most of us here. You accuse others of damaging Linux's reputation by their personal attacks but have you ever thought about how your own personal attacks reflect on MS since it seems to be the company all of your messages defend or support?

I purchased a Macbook Pro about a month ago and now use Windows, OS X and Linux. Let me tell you that none of them are perfect and I will try to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each in my discussions here. I think it is fair game to call others on inaccuracies in their advocating or to present an alternative view but it would just seem so much more productive if everyone; Advocates, Trolls and others, could stop the personal attacks against each other.