Re: Stallman clarifies his "EULA" statement

Verily I say unto thee, that Gunnar Gren spake thusly:

> Well, poor americans.
>
> In my country I have the right to do whatever I need to do so the
> program works on my computer. I can even share the results.

Yes, it's been noted before that the US is ground-zero for the spread of
many injustices - the DMCA and software patents to name but two. But the
sad fact is that these injustices /do/ spread to countries whose leaders
are sympathetic to those malicious goals, thanks to pressure from global
corporations. Europe already has an equivalent of the DMCA, for example,
called the EUCD, and the European Patent Office contemptuously /ignores/
article 52 of the European Patent Convention by issuing software patents
anyway, despite the EPC asserting that "programs for computer" are /not/
inventions, and as such should not be patentable.

Then there's ACTA to look forward to...

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 18:51:49 up 62 days, 22:49,  4 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00