Re: [News] Vista 7 Stinks Badly on Sub-notebooks, GNU/Linux to Capitalise

On 2009-03-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> It didn't cost ASUS anything to 'print' some default distro on the drive. There
> are many free distros that suit different crowds. There are at least 10 of
> them that specifically target these devices.

I've tested 6 or 7 already. Not counting the Xandros that came with it.

I've pretty much settled on Eeebuntu (not a big Ubuntu fan, but it
works well enough, even with the launcher interface). I want to try
Xandros again with the hacks, though. If nothing else I can get a
couple of files off of it that I can't find elsewhere. In particular
the Eee storage thing. I signed up for it. When I changed distros
around I found I can't download it separately. The site tells how to
add it via Synaptic/software manager.

Windopes can download the storage interface from the site. Probably so
they don't have to worry about getting infections due to lack of
firewall and no antisoftware on their models.

--
.....And that's how we know that the earth is banana-shaped.