Re: [News] Potentially Millions More Distributions Released

JeffM wrote:
A few example spins:
http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Studio_downloads

When I saw this on Slashdot a while back,
I thought it would **EXPLODE** in the techie press.
The ripples, however, have been pretty small.
Do folks really hate Novell's pact with M$ *that* much?
Is it the *still in beta* thing.
Is there something else I'm missing?

It should have. It's a huge innovation. It's essentially the commoditization of a full-fledged free operating system, placed in the hands of non-techies instead of the "elite" that were previously in charge of putting together Linux distros. I would think this is one of the things that really puts the fear of FOSS in Microsoft. Johnny Windows rolling his own Linux distro with a few clicks? Holy shit.

Perhaps Roy Schestowitz's reach among the normal FOSS community is greater than previously thought, and his constant insulting and slagging of people like Nat Friedman (who created this tool) has paid off to the point that things like SUSE Studio are being ignored because they come from the people he's been telling us we need to hate. Maybe there are a lot of confused little extremists out there wondering if their heads are about to explode.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aboycottnovell.com+"Nat+Friedman";

Funny BTW, if I remember correctly Scheztowitz' initial response to SUSE Studio was this:

http://boycottnovell.com/2009/07/29/novell-suse-appliances-deception/

A whiny, petulant and desperate attempt to vilify something useful, simply because it's associated with one of the targets of his hatred-saturated brain.

--
verofakto
http://verofakto.blogspot.com/