Re: [News] KDE4 Achieves More Dominance with Stronger Releases (Now Default DE in SUSE)

RonB wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> openSUSE to default to KDE
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | openSUSE is defaulting to the KDE desktop, according to an
>> | announcement on the opensuse-project mailing list by Micahel LÃffler.
>> | From openSUSE 11.2 onwards, the installation process from DVD will
>> | offer a choice between KDE and GNOME, with KDE pre-selected. Users
>> | accepting the default installation settings will therefore get a KDE
>> | desktop.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.h-online.com/open/openSUSE-to-default-to-KDE--/news/114050
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought KDE was already the default choice in
> openSUSE.

It is one of the choices, Gnome being the other major choice
Currently you have to chose between KDE 3.5 and KDe4 in OpenSuse.
In the next version the KDE3 choice will vanish

--
I hear if you play the Windows XP CD backward you'll hear satanic
messages. But even scarier, if you play it forward it installs