[News] [Rival] Microsoft Possibly Threatens SVG (or Acknowledges Its Victory) by Entering

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Possibly Threatens SVG (or Acknowledges Its Victory) by Entering
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:07:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

And So It Begins Again: Microsoft Joins SVG Group

,----[ Quote ]
| The primary point of interest to me in this
| is the idea of Microsoft joining a Working
| Group for a technology that it has been
| pointedly ignoring  for 11 years, and for
| which Microsoft can boast an industry
| leading  0.00% support for in its latest
| and greatest browser.
|
| What exactly is Microsoft going to
| contribute here? What deep pool of SVG
| experience and credibility gets Microsoft a
| seat at the table?
|
| [...]
|
| In any case, now the W3C will probably be
| burning calories proving Microsoft hasnât
| corrupted the W3C ISO-OOXML style.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/01/and-so-it-begins-again-microsoft-joins-svg-group/

Group Complaint Against Pre-Installed Windows in Italy

,----[ Quote ]
| Those who buy a computer in most countries
| with Windows and do not accept the terms of
| licensing have to pay for the unused
| license(s). The procedure is complicated
| and inconsistent. In Italy, a group forming
| a collective complaint seeks to bring order
| to this chaos.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Group-Complaint-Against-Pre-Installed-Windows-in-Italy

Recent:

SVG Web: Google Brings SVG Support to Internet Explorer

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is a true master when it comes to ignoring Web standards. Thanks to
| Google, that could now change in terms of the SVG vector graphics format.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/SVG-Web-Google-Brings-SVG-Support-to-Internet-Explorer

Microsoft's IE not good enough for web creator

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/09/11/microsoft-ie-enough-web-creator
http://tinyurl.com/4898oc