Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Ian Jackson
<ijackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [1] Consider what our collective response would be to an external
> group to setting up a project they are calling "Debian-NG".  We would
> be sending in our lawyers to nuke the site from orbit.

To be fair, we have a trademark on "Debian" so the situation would be
different in a lot of regards.

That being said, I agree that the way this went was unfortunate and
needlessly conflict-y on several sides.

Richard