Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

Hi Russ and all,

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 06:40:29PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> My personal feeling is to thank Daniel for all of his hard work over the
> years for the probject and wish him luck with all of his future endeavors
> and just leave it at that.  We'll take a fair bit of bad publicity for a
> while from people not aware of the history, and then it will blow over.

I'm concerned about this approach because it makes it increasingly obvious
that Debian is not an open, transparent project anymore. I had some vague
awareness of the difficulties of working with Daniel (not least from trying
to use his packages) and I read around a bit publically but I've only just
stumbled across this -private thread and Steve's message in particular has
helped enormously to enlighten the difficulties that have taken place.

I like Joachim's idea of someone acting as an impartial intermediary, such
as the DPL, in the interim, and I think we should seriously consider that
person writing a public statement that goes some way to explain the
situation impartially - and crucially - publically. Easier said than done,
I know.

--
Jonathan Dowland