Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm asking for what comments about Jews that might be made in the
> guise of humor would be acceptable to you.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/11/msg01284.html
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fortunes-pl/+bug/300298
>
> What do you think of the above "jokes"?

This seems like an oddly imperious and personal request, but okay.

Re the "German Humor/misunderstood Fuerer" message, it doesn't really
work for me as humor, but I can see that it was meant well.  Rephrased
and used in a relevant way and With a proper delivery it might be funny.

Re those Jewish joke fortunes, my impression is that they're supposed to
be put in fortunes-off where they'd be safely rot13ed.  (That bug is
ancient, so perhaps they've migrated in the meantime.)  There is
certainly a lot of similarly sophomoric material there, along with some
actual offensive material, offensive material of historical interest,
etc.  Kind of a mixed bag.  Also, it's hard to judge translated jokes,
especially puns.

					--Barak.