Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think that this is exactly what Holger is talking about, and that
> the reason of this "not feeling threatened" feeling might not be just
> random, but probably because you might not belong to any minority
> group that is used to feel threatened for some reason. For the sake of
> concreteness, I'm talking about "rape culture" type of jokes, for
> example.

I disagree with the implicit assumptions that it takes offense to
define an aggression or that males are not the victims of molestation
and/or outright rape.

After talking about this topic and this thread off-list, I will try
and walk away from it.

On a more positive note, I hope we can all agree that no one should be
discriminated against based on their characteristics and that respect
towards them should be based on their character and merits.

Once again, be excellent to each other,
Richard