Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

I also want to say at this point that I think this incident has reflected well on both Ian and the CoC. The point of the code, as I see it, is to keep a lid on the kind of squabbling that can tear a project apart. In this case Ian didn't like something, but followed an internal process rather than making a direct attack. A neutral party looked at the matter and decided that further action wasn't warranted. Ian then respected the decision and moved on. That's the way this should work. Reasonable people can either agree or disagree with Ian's initial complaint, but that's life and that's why there's a process. Yeah, there was a lot of discussion in addition to the core events, but if there wasn't this wouldn't be debian. At least it didn't turn into the kind of vendetta it might have a decade ago.

Mike Stone