Re: Flash and Frames in Sites

begin  quotation
 from Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 in message <dff99v$nka$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 posted at 2005-09-04T17:01
> The anchor text of links in that page always looks laughable to me, but I
> promised myself not to spend much time on that long-forgotten Web site. I
> guess I ought to have said something like:

> "If you browser does not support Flash, just holler, click <here>,

I think you're completely missing the point here. Some users do not use
a mouse with their Web browser. Some Web browsers are not capable of
handling mouse input. Some browsing situations use the mouse only for
copying and pasting text, not moving a pointer.

"Click here" looks *really* stupid printed out.
"Click here" sounds *really* stupid read aloud.
"Click here" is capable of *really* confusing users in those browsing
situations I mentioned above.

--
/ __| |/ / _ \  |*| Shawn K. Quinn