Re: Ctrl+Mouse doesn't work in programs

__/ [Franz GEIGER] on Tuesday 13 September 2005 16:13 \__

> Hi everybody,
>

> Leo (an outliner written in Python): When I press the Ctrl key and drag a
> node with the mouse, the Ctrl key seems to be ignored.
>
> WingIDE (an IDE to dev Python programs): Ctrl key seems to be ignored when
> pressed together with function keys (one of F1 to F11).
>
> Is the Ctrl key somehow intercepted when pressed with function keys or on
> dragging with the mouse? How can I change this behavior?
>
> I'm on Sarge, KDE 3.3.2.
>

> Many thanks in advance and kind regards
> Franz GEIGER

First of all, make sure no signals get 'devoured'. Isn't CTRL+mouse-down
related to the default ALT+mouse-down, which enables you to drag windows in
your desktop? CTRL+F1 and CTRL+F11 might be allocated some of the KDE
build-in mappings, e.g. CTRL+ALT+F1 for another separate session. Can you
confirm that the CTRL key works in some program or another? Does it work in
the terminal? Can you ALT+mouse-down to move windows? In KDE, you can also
go to:

(Launcher/Kicker? ->) Control Center -> Regional and Accessibility ->
Keyboard Shortcuts

Can you see any conflicts that may have arisen? Perhaps you can try to
change some behaviour as you desire. I already have some conflicts myself
(due to kde-XMMS in particular). Also be sure to check for accelerator
conflicts in the Python applications themselves.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Life is too short to proofread"
  4:45pm  up 19 days 10:19,  3 users,  load average: 1.12, 0.66, 0.57