Re: I hosed the sh^t out of my Linux box

  • Subject: Re: I hosed the sh^t out of my Linux box
  • From: "billwg" <billw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:44:12 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
news:dg6k0j$2upg$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [billwg] poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
>
>> "Tattoo Vampire" <nada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Try that with YOUR operating system, Wintrolls.
>>
>> No need to go through all that rigmarole with Windows XP, tattoo!
>> You're so old-fashioned!  LOL!!!
>>
>> With XP you just click System Restore and pick the date that you were
>> last happy with what you had and, voila!  All done, no fussing with
>> boot
>> CDs or re-installing stuff.  It just works!
>
> You can do that with Linux as well; very easily in fact. Whether you
> want to
> just save the settings or everything including programs and personal
> files,
> all is simple. You just need to graft your personal home directory,
> which
> mind you, also allows to mirror your O/S onto a second machine.

Seems like a lot of fiddling around, roy!  Most people don't have a PhD
and don't have the patience for that kind of thing.  With Windows, it is
automatic and much easier to use.  You can always do more work and save
some money, but if your time is worth something, you are not really
saving anything.