Re: Linux May Hit Single Digit Desktop Marketshare in 5 Years!!!

> PS3 to lead in market share with 44% by 2011 says analyst
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | From the "more good news for the PS3" feed comes a positive forecast by
> | the Yankee Group regarding the pricey console. The analyst group believes
> | Sony will lead in next-gen market share by 44% in 2011, with Xbox 360
> | taking a close 40% share, followed by Wii with a wee little bitty 16%
> | share. That's a safe projection considering the PS2 sold a gazillion
> | units this last generation.
> `----

It seems a safe projection until you look at some of the serious
missteps Sony has been making lately, particularly regarding the PS3.
I also have to give some credit to MS regarding the Xbox... they've
made some smart moves and are well positioned to give Sony a decent
run.  Until I can actually kick the tires on a new PS3, I'm calling
it a toss-up.

Thad