Re: Microsoft's DRM Hacked

__/ [ Tom Shelton ] on Wednesday 30 August 2006 02:46 \__

> Darth Chaos wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> > __/ [ arachnid ] on Wednesday 30 August 2006 02:26 \__

>> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5294750.stm
>> >
>> >          Microsoft tackles anti-copy hole

>> > More critical than Internet Explorer7 I doubt it, Killing Firefox is a
>> > higher priority than stopping copyright infringement. And let's not
>> > forget WGA. The notion of important system updates is being misued.
>>
>> You know, I've been wondering...does Mozilla hold the patent for
>> "tabbed browsing"? If not, they better patent it before MS does and
>> forces Mozilla to pull Mozilla Suite and FIrefox...of course Opera
>> would have to pull theirs as well.
>
> Opera had tabbed browsing long before anything Mozilla - IIRC.

I think you're right. I saw them in Opera back in 2002/3. Not sure when
Konqueror got them (also as a file manager), but probably as early 2002-3 (I
still use KDE 3.1). Mozilla had it too. I have 1.2 and 1.7 installed and
they has tab support. Netscape 7 too...?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows leaves me peckish