Re: [News] Reasons Windows (Still) Requires Defragging

__/ [ ed ] on Thursday 07 December 2006 19:25 \__

> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:52:56 +0000
>
>> * My sites have just gone titups (again) because of Windows spewage
>> (SPAM). These easily-compromisable Windows machines are destroying the
>> Web. Some sites could start counting SPAM per minute rather than SPAM
>> per day... it overfilles mail accounts too quickly for one to even
>> take a vacation. And it brings down entire network/sites, requiring
>> radical 'solutions'.
>
> those .pif attachments again ...

No, mainly GIF's. I'm telling you, it's scary. The accounts are overfilled so
quickly and I actually paid over GBP100 just to extend the quota... for SPAM
accommodation.

Not fair... the time wasted cleaning the boxes and losing genuine mail
aside... for the past two years I have been pondering departure from E-mail.
I first read Knuth's page about it 3 years ago... it is rather
inspirational... ever since I can't help but feel that it's the only
solution. Stupidly enough, many business require E-mail for just about
anything, which makes this an impossibility. They ought to realise that
E-mail has become a dead system because of Windows' insecurities. It's a
Catch 22. Do you know that Gates employs a department which filters his
E-mail account?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
roy      pts/6                         Thu Dec  7 18:14 - 18:14  (00:00)