Re: [News] Linux Brings Parallel Computing to Mainstream

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:00:16 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:25:56 +0100, Kier wrote:
>

>>> Every troll is flatfish. (or just about)
>>> flatfish is really Gary Stewert.
>

>> That's what you told us, several times. Are you saying you lied?
>
> I never said that, except sarcastically.

Yeah, sure. And the times you said you were this or that person, annd the
time you wee leaving COLA forever, and the time you were never going to
troll agai? You do this over and over and think the rest of us forget it.
Actually, we don't.

> Stop lying.

You first.

>>> Erik is a paid Microsoft troll.
>>
>> That'd be news to me. I have actually stated that I never have believed
>> all this 'paid shill' tripe. On *either* side.
>
> That's YOU.

Yep, and not everyone here thinks otherwise. Some do, some don't.

>>> DFS is not a programmer.
>>
>> An opinion.
>
> No.
> It's more of an obsession of the COLA nuts.

There you go again. You whine about what Linux advocates say, then call us
COLA nuts. You want to be taken seriously? Stop it.

>>> DFS doesn't make 6 figures.
>>
>> Until he proves that he does, anyone is free to suggest he might not.
>
> Let's talk about Rex..................

Let's not. You were talking about DFS. You seem obsessed with attacking
Rex, too. And like DFS seem unable to question the content of his posts
without dragging in irrelevant and ugly insults about his sexuality, etc.

>>> Terry Porter is a genius.
>>
>> Is he? Wouldn't know.
>
> Right over your head...Whoooshhh.

Nope. You had it in for him, too, didn't you?

>>> flatfish had a crush on Terry Porter.
>>
>> I don't give a shit about your sordid love life, flatfish.
>
> Good.
>

>>> flatfish uses a pirated copy of Windows XP
>>
>>> flatfish pirated Mandrake (ignoring the true details behind the story)
>>
>> Certainly sounded like you stole it to me, and then tried to wriggle out
>> of it with a lot of double-talk.
>
> Key words "certainly sounded like"
>
> Key words missing "any type of documentation"
>
> I never wriggled out of anything.
>  I came right out and told it like it was.
> But, of course the COLA nuts sure have to find SOMETHING I've done wrong.

Wonder why? Might it be that you're a complete arse? And a liar too?

>>> Roy Culley's stats are valid.
>>
>> They are - in the criteria he gives.
>
> No they aren't.

So you say. Prove it. You don't like being called a troll and a liar, then
stop trolling and lying.

>>> It's ok for Roy S to use copyrighted images without permission.
>>
>> No one said it was. The dispute was between Roy and the owner of the
>> images, and no business of anyone else's. No one but those two actually
>> knew the facts of the situation
>
> Yea sure, but if it were Erik or me it would become an urban legend.
> See above: pirated XP and Mandrake for an example.

Ever consider your behaviour in this group has *earned* the dislike of so
many people?

> Sorry kier, you can't have it both ways.
> Then again, this is COLA, so maybe you can.

Kier. Capital K.

>>> It's ok for Roy S to condone piracy by association.
>>
>> You haven't proved that is even remotely the case, and you know it. You
>> claim to be so hot for the truth, yet you immediately twist facts into
>> lies to suit your agenda, which is clearly attacking Roy.
>
> Posting a link to a site that promotes piracy?

Excuse me, but again, you haven't proved that it does anything of the kind.

> Man, you are really stretching it.

No, you are.

> That's like giving a kid a gun and bullets and when he shoots his sister
> it's not your fault.

Don't be a prick. Oops, too late!

>>> Using XNA is a sure sign of a troll (What about Poaster who used it for
>>> years?)
>
>> What about him? When he was challenged about it, he stopped.
>
> Of course he did.
> Gotta follow the COLA mantra.

Oh, so if someone changes their behaviour because trolls complain, that's
okay, but if Linux advocates say anything, and someone decides to change
their behaviour, that's 'following the COLA mantra' is it? You really are
a prick, aren't you?

> How about the years that he used it an nobody said anything yet they
> jumped on every other negative Linux person doing the same thing.

Yup, and when someone finally said, Oy, why are you doing that, he stopped.

> Sorry.
> Double standard.

What, you mean changing bad behaviour is having double standards? Yeah,
right.

>>> Google/yahoo/open proxy posters are all trolls. (What about Daeron?)
>>
>> Daeron *is* a troll, as far as I'm concerned.
>
> Well at least you are honest, I respect that.
>

>>> etc.............
>>
>> Missing out every lie and distortion eveer uttered by anyone anti-Linux,
>> of course. So, are you claiming all Linux advocatres are liars while
>> trolls and winvocates are pure as the driven snow, and never lie or
>> distort the truth? That isn't going to fly, flatty.
>
> No I am not.
> This group over the years has been filled with trolls.
> Some make valid points, others do not.
> There are lies on both sides.

And yet you never say anything to the liars on the 'other side'. You don't
attack billwg or the other lowlifes here, just the advocates. We're
cockroaches scattering in the light. And then you wonder why you're
despised.

> Look at my DVDStyler thread.
> Turns out the program has a bug.
> Big deal....
> YET.....who gets lambasted for actually having the audacity to post a
> problem with a Linux program?

It's always not what you say, it's *how* you say it. You've been doing it
so long you don't even realise it, do you, just how you come across.

> See?????

I wish *you* would see just how offensive you are, when you repeated call
Roy 'Shysterwich', and other shit.

> If the people in this group, me included (at times), would simply address
> the message and ignore the messenger, things would be MUCH better.

You first. You have much more ground to make up in that respect than most.
You do it, and stick to it, and then *maybe* you can begin to criticise
others. Not before.

--
Kier