Re: Washington Mutual Moves from Solaris/UNIX to Windows, Now Deep in Trouble

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> that the older system was migrated to IIS, which is probably
> where problem began.

I'm a wamu online customer and originally they ran on ASP and then moved to
ASP.NET last year.   I know because when they launched their new website
Firefox stopped working as did Konqueror and I wrote them some nasty emails
(documented in COLA).   Then I figured I could use the IE6 morph of
Konqueror and that works.

> Whether the platform or the programmers
> (or another factor) should take the blame, there's no way to
> tell (the E-mail were not detailed enough). Either way, it's
> quite a blunder and a major inconvenience to customers whose
> system was moved to a Windows architecture.

Their systems are nice in terms of functionality but pitiful in terms of
speed and uptime.    It's pretty much impossible to use their online system
anytime during peak hours of the morning on a business day ( around 10
am ).