Re: GAIM

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 16:22 \__

> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:10:53 GMT
> yttrx@xxxxxxxxx (yttrx) wrote:
>
>> Yes indeed.  Because some guy named ed can help the AOL empire make
>> more money.
>>
>> Hey AOL, listen to ed over here.
>
> They wouldn't make money, they'd just be more accessible.

I suspect that GAIM has already bridged that gap, whether they used data from
inside AOL (counter to interests of the outshined homebred AIM for Linux) or
reused some bits of code from SourceForge. Either way, Google nicked the
lead developer of GAIM. *sob* But all the code is there for forking. Kopete
likewise.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
  4:20pm  up 52 days  4:32,  10 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.42, 0.45