Re: [News] Microsoft Lied -- Windows XP SP3 Will Never Come

__/ [ John Locke ] on Tuesday 10 April 2007 13:24 \__

>>I'm sure the next Pile-O-Crap from Redmond was to be subscription
>>software via the web via .Net (at absurd rates).
>>
>>It would have held hostage all user data in a final crushing of user
>>rights and user wallets.
>>
>>Win File System would have or will lock user data deep within a stinking
>>morass of confusion to be unlocked only by MS programs.
>>
>>Google Apps has beaten them to it, and as with the internet, MS is
>>lagging like a drunk sponge.
>>
>>MS has the innovative foresight of a dead dinosaur's braincell.
>>
>>Like the guy said -- MS is dead.
>
> I think you are dead right on that. If Vista hadn't of tanked and
> caused a public relations problem, they would have gone right
> ahead with their protection money racket.......whoops, I mean
> "subscription software process".

Forget about Vista. The problem is that Microsoft hasn't got anything in
store to look forward to. Worse---Vista is a dead end because 60% the code
still needs to be rewritten, and maybe regain some backward comptaibility in
the process, which is an impossibility. That's why they explore other
options now, but rivals are already ahead of them. Suddenly they are behind
(not just technically, but also in terms of market share) in any area that
they explore, including chip production (yes, they try that as well... Micro
_SOFT_ is so confused that it tries hardware). Cash does not buy success.
Buying market share is very expensive, as opposed to earning it (think Live
Apps 'scam').

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
  3:00pm  up 29 days 22:03,  7 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.30, 0.50