Re: How Much Does M$ Spend to Discredit COLA?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ AB ] on Wednesday 24 January 2007 01:23 \__
>
>> On 2007-01-23, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 23 January 2007 11:52 \__

>>> There's more of them showing up nowadays. you just know Vista is coming.
>>> It means the filters have to devour some extra CPU cycle and lower the
>>> bandwidth.
>>
>> Until yesterday or today my filters were reducing up to 50% on average.
>> The last day or two has seen a spike as high as 70%. I haven't added a
>> single rule in a couple of weeks. So the increase is only a measure of
>> increased activity.
>>
>> I've noticed one or two who were hit by the filters that might not
>> deserve to be completely knocked out. But that's typical of how it was
>> going before the rise in numbers of 'posting dead' that I've seen.
>>
>> It'll all be over soon enough. Many of them will get Fisted (in more
>> ways than one) and not be able to get online to post anything, either
>> because Vista will screw them up and make their machines unstable, or
>> because their parents will use the "new" net-nanny filtering MS is
>> going to have available.
>
> Well, I think it's a matter of budget. There has been a rise recently in the
> number of unique trolls (or nyms). You know where lumps of that $1.5 billion
> advertisement budgets are funnelled to... it was the same with OS/2... and
> Microsoft got caught red-handed.

Watch out for the black helicopters over your house too.

--
wjbell

Peter K abandon his firewall lie:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e6eaf7e09552e5e2?hl=en

Jim R failing to address the issue after being asked:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ad37ca14a2d7224?hl=en

And of course, Roy Culley -- COLAs loyal hall monitor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cola+stats&hl=en&as_uauthors=roy+culley
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/578bb2221ad0453c?hl=en