Re: [News] [Rival] Dell Goes Against Microsoft, Becomes Vista "Party Pooper"

Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 05:46:17 +0100,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ Jim Richardson on Sunday 08 July 2007 01:54 : \____

>>> Just to pick one question, how was the Kyoto treaty broken ?
>>
>> Wrong word, I guess. There's clear disregard though, isn't it? I've just tried
>> finding one particular BBC article that I had in mind, without immediate
>> success.
>>

> you're missing the point. The US, for ill or weal, is *not* a signatory
> of the Kyoto protocols. So we can hardly have broken or disregarded it.

I thought that Clinton had agreed to sign up to it.  That was certainly
the impression given at the time.  Since then, Bush has come along
and walked away from that committment on the back of a load of bought
pseudo-science that nobody outside the US gives the time of day.

Still, once a few more US cities have been devastated, then perhaps
the public at large might start disbelieving the owned media?