Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 19:54 : \____

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/04/news/newsmakers/gates.fortune/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

>> What did George's son say about Microsoft? "Let them innovate" or something
>> along those lines? What is it with oversight ending and being called
>> a "success"? Antitrust action over when Microsoft rapes ISO and bribes
>> people in Nigeria to eliminate competition? Yeah, we really ought to buy
>> that sort of New World 'Justice'...
>>

> It's interesting how "extreme corruption" seems to have fully replaced
> "extreme capitalism".

Yes, and there's an army out there trying to hide the traces and call everyone
who talks about Bilderberg a loon, a 'theorist', or whatever.

US military propaganda team busted

,----[ Quote ]
| The activities uncovered by Wikileaks include deleting Guantanamo detainees'
| ID numbers from Wikipedia, posting of self-praising comments on news websites
| Internet news focus website Digg, and even altering Wikipedia's entry on
| Cuban President Fidel Castro to describe him as "an admitted transexual"
|                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| [sic].
|
| The proof Wikeleaks assembled includes the IP address and whois ownership
| record for public.jtfgtmo.southcom.mil, which is Guantanamo's Internet
| gateway server, google hits on that IP address, a traceroute through a
| satellite downlink, the whois ownership record for that downlink, links to
| the defaced Wikipedia entries, links to comments posted at news websites,
| records of approximately 140 promotions of news articles at Digg, links and
| quotes about three alleged US military propagandists who are stationed at
| Guantanamo, and fourteen links to other Wikileaks articles about Guantanamo.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/12/13/military-propaganda-team-busted

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
Cpu(s): 24.9%us,  4.0%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.9%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st