Re: [News] Dell Advertises GNU/Linux, Microsoft Gets Annoyed

Terry Porter wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:35:15 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:
>
>> On 2008-11-18, amicus_curious <ACDC@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> "Terry Porter" <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> That is a silly thing to say.  The 8GB is for program storage, not
>>> system memory.  It is twice as much "hard drive" in effect.  The
>>> storage requirements for XP are actually a lot less than that for Linux
>>> which comes with numerous gigs of amateur freeware.
>>
>> Like OpenOffice and Firefox for instance?
>>
>> What do we get with the expee? "works" for Windows?

>>> If you want high quality oats, it is said, you must pay the farmer for
>>> them.
>>
>> Then you get oats infested with weevils. I'm sure the packet looks very
>> pretty, but you don't really know what they put into it. It's generally
>> very bad for you.
>>

>> Price is never a good indicator
>> of quality. You'd do better to rely on reputation.
>>
>>> That is the way of things.  If you are, like the OSS fan, satisfied
>>> with oats that have already been through one horse, you can get by on
>>> the cheap. But you have to work at it.
>>
>> Manure? It grows great oats... better than the artificial fertilizers.
>> Grab a bag and pick your own oats. You'll stay fit and healthy.
>>
>>> Who is going to want to bother with a learning curve in order to save
>>> $15 on an auxiliary use machine such as this?  The true cheapskates
>>> will not buy one to begin with and will more likely suffer along simply
>>> by continuing to tote their larger laptop.
>>>

>> Learning curve? What learning curve.... firefox, Openoffice...
>>
>> You really don't have much of a clue in this area, Friend.
>
> Classic rebuttals Greg, much fun to read :)
>
> I'm also 99% sure that amicus_curious is the old Flatfish, just too many
> similarities, i.e. he is a total dickhead.

No, he is not flatfish. Even that dishonest swine does not sink to such
levels as Bill Weisgerber does. Flatfish has oterh nasties, like being a
vile racist and disgusting homophobe

"amicus_curious" posted a long time as "billwg". His real name is Bill
Weisgerber. And he has been an incredible dishonest windows shill since
several years. Google for posts under his real name. Same bullshit routine
he does here was already present then
--
FLASH!  Intelligence of mankind decreasing.  Details at ... uh, when
the little hand is on the ....