Re: [News] Why Flash is Evil: Spyware to the Max

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:02:24 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tony Sivori belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:13:19 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> Flash Cookies: The Silent Privacy Killer
>>>
>>> http://www.imasuper.com/66/technology/flash-cookies-the-silent-privacy-killer/
>>
>> Great post Roy, I had no idea about Flash cookies.
>
> In your home directory, try
>
>    $ find .adobe
>
> All I have is an empty directory with a random name.  (Have to check the
> 32-bit box at some point).  Whoops, just tried this
>
>    $ find .macromedia
>
> Oh yeah, a lot of *.sol files.  :-*  (pucker icon)

Even after following the instructions (including setting storage to zero
to prevent future infestation) on the imasuper.com and Adobe websites I
still have two .sol files, plus many more "shared" files that are from
specific websites, like Office Depot. Best Buy, YouTube, and news sites.

There's even one from Twitter, and as best I know I never been to that
site. I know I've never used Twitter.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.