Re: [News] Why Flash is Evil: Spyware to the Max

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tony Sivori belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:02:24 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>> All I have is an empty directory with a random name.  (Have to check the
>> 32-bit box at some point).  Whoops, just tried this
>>
>>    $ find .macromedia
>>
>> Oh yeah, a lot of *.sol files.  :-*  (pucker icon)
>
> Even after following the instructions (including setting storage to zero
> to prevent future infestation) on the imasuper.com and Adobe websites I
> still have two .sol files, plus many more "shared" files that are from
> specific websites, like Office Depot. Best Buy, YouTube, and news sites.
>
> There's even one from Twitter, and as best I know I never been to that
> site. I know I've never used Twitter.

My laptop has even more files.  And this:

   .macromedia/Flash_Player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/#twitter.com/settings.sol

Others:

   tattomedia.com, illumenix.com, honda.co.uk, www.spike.com,
   uncutvideo.aol.com!

All in all, about 145 *.sol files, about 1.5 Mb worth.

--
Q:	What's hard going in and soft and sticky coming out?
A:	Chewing gum.