Re: [News] Why Flash is Evil: Spyware to the Max

Verily I say unto thee, that Tony Sivori spake thusly:

> Even after following the instructions (including setting storage to
> zero to prevent future infestation) on the imasuper.com and Adobe
> websites I still have two .sol files, plus many more "shared" files
> that are from specific websites, like Office Depot. Best Buy,
> YouTube, and news sites.
>
> There's even one from Twitter, and as best I know I never been to
> that site. I know I've never used Twitter.

Try the sledgehammer approach:

rm -fr .macromedia/* .adobe/*
chmod 400 .macromedia .adobe

You could also try an SELinux policy that effectively blocks
libflashplayer.so from writing to context user_home_t.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 01:41:38 up 7 days, 10:37,  3 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.09, 0.03