Re: The Real Gary M Stewart, in Case Someone Wants to Sue Him the Fish

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

>> > You can't fake someone's PGP signature without access to their private
>> > key, even with the right ISP, as the ISP doesn't have access to the
>> > private key.
>>
>> What did you see in my post?
>
> A GPG signature that I didn't bother to check.
>
>> How many times have you bothered to verify the signing in any COLA newsgroup
>> message?
>
> Twice.  First time was yesterday, when I read Roy's post, concluded it was
> an obvious fake, but then couldn't see anything wrong in the headers.

I thought the same thing, but didn't bother to check the signature.

> Second time was just now, when I checked the one in your post a couple back,
> and got this:
>
>   gpg: Signature made Tue Feb  3 14:40:40 2009 PST using DSA key ID 74572E8E
>   gpg: BAD signature from "Roy Schestowitz <sch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"

Well, now we know it works!  ;->

Thanks, Tim.  Cool!

--
At the heart of science is an essential tension between two seemingly
contradictory attitudes -- an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre
		-- Carl Sagan, "The Fine Art of Baloney Detection," Parade, February 1, 1987