Re: Microsoft Cuts 10,000+ Jobs?

On 2009-01-24, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> There are plenty of Linux advocates, who post interesting and pro linux
> stuff that don't get attacked.  You know why?  They stick to the truth.
>
> Ghost in the machine is a good example.  Chris Alstrom, when he was much
> more of a reasonable advocate, also didn't get much push back.  The problem
> is that once you start down the road of telling lies to advocate, then the
> attacks come and then you likewise feel the need to attack back and it
> becomes a vicious cycle.
>
> Likewise, 99.9% of my posts are very civil and don't insult people, yet
> that doesn't stop Linux advocates from throwing all kinds of nastiness at
> me, does it?

This is much like one of Hadron's "memories" about "schooling" people.
It would be nice if it had something of a grain of truth.

I take note you didn't mention anything about truthfulness wrt
yourself, while you bemoaned the lack of your perception of truth on
the part of linux users. Therein lies some of the problem.

I also note your lack of mention of the trolls lying their asses off,
but you can't help yourself when talking about linux advocates on the
same subject. Therein lies the majority of the rest of the problem.

The remainder of the problem crops up because you and your ilk want to
start cat fights every time a linux user posts something. Such as how
you react to Roy's posts constantly. Or how Quack can't control himself
attacking linux users' posts.

Yes, fights happen from both directions. But if you troll clowns would
keep your yaps shut and stop attacking everything an advocate writes,
attacks would fall off to a very small percentage.

But trolls can't help themselves. Including you, which is why you can't
control yourself from attacking Roy, even when what you're attacking
contain no words at all from Roy. And when you can't attack his posts,
you attack him for posting them in the first place.

Physician, heal thyself, you effin' hypocrite!

--
VISTA: Virtually Incapable of Supporting The Applications