Re: [News] K Desktop Environment 4.3 Looking Good, GNOME Elections Coming

Terry Porter wrote:

> wispygalaxy wrote:
>> I would have never thought that Linux made special effects.
>
> Linux became defacto in render farms for special effects because if you
> have 800 pcs all networked, or 2000 cpus all networked and running for a
> week to produce the water for a scene such as in the the movie "Titanic",
> you really dont want a single PC locking up with a BSOD after 6 days and
> 23 hours do you ?
>
> Only Linux provided that kind of reliability.

All of that setting up and preparation would go to waste if there's a BSOD-
that's awful.  :(

Wow, I didn't know that it took so long to create the water scene.  There's
a lot of work that goes into making movies.

>> I used to
>> believe that Linux only performed mundane tasks, such as running a
>> server. The average person does not realize how versatile Linux is.
>
> Or just how much they are using Linux already. It's in most peoples
> modems, Hi-def Tvs, wifi access points, digital picture frames, set top
> boxes etc.

People use it everyday and they don't realize it.  And a lot of them bash it
and call it substandard or say it's only for geeks.  It makes me mad!  :(

I know that you sell products with Linux on them.  I think the market for
them will only grow, along with the demand for Linux netbooks!