Re: [News] PC-BSD 7.1 Looks and Works Better Than Windows Vista?

On 2009-05-19, Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 11:29:39 -0600, GPS wrote:
>
>> Tony(UK) wrote:

[deletia]

> Other people's hardware will (or may) show different results, and this is
> one of the biggest problem Linux faces - it is impossible to test any
> operating system with every users configuration available out there.
>

> One other problem on equal terms with this is the flames and insults when
> someone dares to voice their problems with a distro.

    If your statement of the problem can't be taken as a proper bug
report than you earn any ill will you generate. There's a lot of
crap to wade through. Decreasing the S/N ratio is at the very least
counterproductive.

> 'Works for me', 'You don't know what you are doing', 'Idiot', etc.
> coupled with the odd personal attack thrown in for good measure is the
> challenge for any reviewer of distributions of all kinds, and with the
> attitude of individuals on the Debian forums to newcomers, coupled with
> the flames and attacks one gets for daring just to post on this group,
> doesn't help the cause at all. Linux ultimately loses.

[deletia]

--
    ...of course if you are forced against your will to use Windows in    |||
the day time your bound to have a lot to vent about in the evening.      / | \