Re: [News] Why Business with Free Software Trumps the Old Model

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Lusotec wrote:
>> In my professional experience, GNU/Linux has been a major time and money
>> saver, compared to Windows. Try to administer hundreds of Windows
>> machines and then do the same with GNU/Linux machines and you will see
>> how inferior Windows is.
>
> One study showed that a Windows admin can handle 10 machines (server) at
> the same time a Linux admin handles 44.

My experience is no where near that 4.4 machine ratio. I don't have the
exact number in memory but it should be around 1.4 (or 1.5). I also
administer desktops and do other things so it is not the same as only doing
server administration. Having a diverse work is not as optimum but keeps me
motivated and sane.

Regards.