Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Main BBC Goon Spreads Propaganda Again Citizens ("Piracy")

Verily I say unto thee, that Tony(UK) spake thusly:
> If a country wants to stamp out piracy, then

They should stamp out Intellectual Monopolies, thus making the whole
issue of "piracy" entirely moot.

Ultimately, controlling "IP" requires controlling our perceptions, since
the nature of this "property" is such that it is disseminated merely by
perceiving it. Unless the Intellectual Monopolists plan to instigate
some form of Orwellian mind control, I fail to see how they will ever
"stamp out" the dissemination of this "property" (a.k.a. "piracy").

Yes, they can (and have) made it illegal, but it wouldn't exactly be the
first time society had been subjugated by unjust and unenforceable laws,
instigated by corrupt, exploitative and totalitarian interests. It's
time to revoke those unjust /laws/, and rid society of these parasites
once and for all ... not further revoke our inalienable rights to
intellectual freedom.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Seek not the favour of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest
|  and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not
|  voices, but weigh them." ~ Immanuel Kant
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 19:25:30 up 86 days, 23:23,  5 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.04, 0.00