Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Wed, 2015-11-11 at 21:13 +0400, Bálint Réczey wrote:

> I would be very proud to be part of a project which could step back,
> admit that taking over the "live" name this way was a mistake and
> find a name which would not offend the Debian Live project which served
> many users.

I don't think that the name is the main part of the complaint from
Daniel around this issue, just the last straw in something that was a
long time coming. Daniel leaving the Debian community entirely was
inevitable; being persona non grata in a project you care about can't
be an enjoyable experience. I speculate that his status within Debian
over the years is why he has distanced all of his Debian related
projects from our community and infrastructure. Why he started Progress
Linux, why he put Debian Live on live-systems.org, why he doesn't use
alioth but used git.debian.net and other sites.

We drove him out and we shouldn't be surprised at his reactions.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise