Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

+++ Tiago Bortoletto Vaz [2015-11-11 20:17 -0500]:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 07:29:57PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:

> > If people want, I can draw up a statement on what the project's view of
> > the issue is - it woudn't be impartial though, just as Daniel's view is
> > not.
>
> But, my impression here in
> private is that we're reducing the problem on 'external users who don't
> know a bit of what's really going on' vs 'internal members who're the
> reasonable voices because they know something that those users are not
> aware of'. If it's the case, Debian is doing a disservice for the
> community on hiding the real issue. And even worst by trying to fix an
> old internal war in such a terrible manner.

Agreed. I've been around a long time, but I didn't know what on earth
was going on until Steve's message here explained it. Without that
knowledge it looks pretty bad.

What's so hard about sending that message, somewhat edited for public
consumption (and then remembering to show the same restraint in not
rising to replies that has been commendably displayed so far if there
is more grumbling)?

(nothing private here)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/