Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

Manoj Srivastava dijo [Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 08:37:43AM -0700]:
> > Watched the video. He was invited to come to engage the debian
> > community, and his style is well known. Debian could choose in future
> > not to invite him (or anyone who might not speak in a way that
> > everyone in the community likes) but I think it would be Debian who
> > would be more harmed by operating in an echo chamber.
>
>         The point I disagree here is that speakers are not to be heald
>  to the standards and policies imposed on the speakers. Some animals
>  ought not to be more equal than others.

All speakers that actually attend DebConf are to be held to such
standards and policies. People would have reacted were I to issue
comparable views in the talk I gave (or in any talk I attended). But
in-house speakers are different than invited speakers. In this case,
if somebody is responsible, it's the DebConf talks team.