Re: WTF is Roy?

mlw <mlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>> For some reason thats hard to fathom, the hardcore Roy fanatics that
>>> actually think he is advocating with his unnecessary SPAM, seem sure
>>> that a digest is "impractical". I'm still to fathom why this might be.
>>
>> Oh, it's not that.
>
> Yes it is.
>
>> It's just that since roy started posting, he's really got on the
>> wintroll's tits cos he's drowning out their noise making them less
>> effective.
>
> What makes their "noise" less effective is to discuss and blow holes through
> the argument.
>
> Remember, it doesn't matter what you can find on this group, but when a
> nubee searches google and finds a wintrolls argument, unchallenged and not
> setting the record straight, he won't see Roys news postings, he'll only
> see some bogus reason why Linux supposedly sucks.
>

>> Really irritates you, that, doesn't it? That's why I agree with his
>> postings even if I don't read 90% of them, they're serving a purpose in
>> drowning you lot out.
>
> It is an illusion of some weak victory. If you have to flood the group and
> drive people away from it to "win," then you really lose.

Well said. Real advocates stand and argue their corner. "Linux rox and
Windows sux" is not advocacy - it's lunacy.

The COLA gang seem to enjoy putting their fingers in their ears,
blinkering their eyes and running around in a corner together banging off each
other totally oblivious to the realities of modern desktop computer use
and OS market penetration.

--
Ocean, n.:
	A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for