Re: Gnote 0.3.1

After takin' a swig o' grog, Mart van de Wege belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> In article <guj4bd$mvd$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Mono is not a contribution to Free Software, it is a distraction. In my
>>> point of view its a trojan.
>>
>> How exactly do you think that a GPLed implementation of an open standard
>> programming language and runtime can be a trojan?
>
> 1. Patents.
>
> 2. Version churn. How much of the *current* .Net is covered by the
>    standard?
>
> These arguments have been hashed out for years. Regardless of the
> conclusions drawn, you cannot pretend you don't know that. Or you are
> stupid.
>
> Disingenuous or stupid. Your call as to what you want to be called.

Some would say it is a good thing to code cross-platform, so porting .NET
stuff, even if in an incomplete form, to Linux has /got/ to help Linux.

That is, if .NET on Linux would attract significant numbers of new
developers and new users to Linux.

Yeah, let's base more and more of our open operating system on an open
standard that is driven by a corporation, a notoriously anti-competitive and
predatory corporation that has been involved in a buttload of litigation.

--
You may be infinitely smaller than some things, but you're infinitely
larger than others.