Re: [News] Potentially Millions More Distributions Released

Verily I say unto thee, that JeffM spake thusly:

> When I saw this on Slashdot a while back,
> I thought it would **EXPLODE** in the techie press.
> The ripples, however, have been pretty small.
> Do folks really hate Novell's pact with M$ *that* much?

Yes, but that's probably not the main reason.

> Is it the *still in beta* thing.
> Is there something else I'm missing?

Simple: Virtual Appliances are not exactly novel (pun intended).

http://www.vmware.com/appliances
http://virtualappliances.net
https://www.rpath.org
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApplianceTools
http://aws.amazon.com

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Seek not the favour of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest
|  and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not
|  voices, but weigh them." ~ Immanuel Kant
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 22:22:30 up 82 days,  2:20,  5 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.13, 0.05