Re: [News] Graphics/Visual Overhaul in Desktop GNU/Linux

Attila wrote:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> Attila stated in post h7aqlb$erh$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on

>>> That's a very reasonable point of view. I am a fanatic lover of
>>> Konqueror and one of the things that makes me so passionate is it's
>>> versatility. I know for a fact that I'm not alone in this opinion but
>>> I respect your point of view. Cada macaco no seu galho. ;)
>>> Attila, The Freetard from Hell
>>>
>> Is KDE any less versatile now with the programs split?
>>

> My konq is still running in 3.5 but I'll let you know when the packages
> drip down from Sid and I try it out. I tried a preview of Dolphin some
> time ago and hated it thoroughly. My GF is running 4.2 and she hasn't
> whinged about konq so I guess it will be ok. BTW, I never use konq as a
> browser but as an ftp, sftp, fish client, audio converter etc., that I
> do. Attila, The Freetard from Hell

Snot Glasser is full of it, as usual. He knows absolutely nothing about
KDE and Konqueror.
The KDE4.3 version of Konqueror is *very* similar to the KDE3.5 version.
There is no "programs split", because Konqueror always has been a base
application which was extended by plugins. And it still is.

What is different in KDE4 is the *default* *assignment* of applications to
do different tasks, for example "Dolphin" now as filemanager.
Which is very easy to change, to, for example, Konqueror.

Snot Michael Glasser in his total incompetence should perhaps sometime
actually run the stuff he is blubbering incoherently about, instead of
showin off his complete ignorance
--
Law of Probable Dispersal:
Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.