Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On 2015-11-19 04:14:08, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> [1] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Baumann
>     I'm not sure how to determine easily which package uploads are recent,
>     I know qa.d.o/developer can show things for which a person no longer
>     has an association with. I suppose it's a line in the sand as to what
>     someone considers 'recent'.

>From what i can tell, most of those packages have been updated fairly
recently: they are up to date with upstream (in some cases he is
upstream) and they have been updated since jessie.

However, Daniel has been proactively orphaning a significant number of
packages. The number of packages he directly maintains (now 16 + 95) has
lowered significantly since 2013 (125 + 95):

http://web.archive.org/web/20130907232301/http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=daniel%40debian.org

So while we didn't "kick him out", he has removed himself from a lot of
packages. Note that almost a third of the remaining 16 packages in main
are debian-live, and the rest are zip stuff and lxc, so not much remains...

PS: i agree with you: Daniel is still part of the project - just wanted to
clarify the specific data point of his packages.

PPS: i wish that, again, we could move on here, or at least out of
-private. Is there anything that will be done by anyone here? If people
feel that Daniel has been hurt, one good way of fixing that is writing
him privately (or publicly, but that has been done profusely from what i
can tell). Both sides of the conflict have stated their views pretty
obviously and Iain has made an apology - what more do we need here?
Consider the energy-to-(positive-)effect ratio of this thread so far...

--
L'art n'est pas un bureau d'anthropométrie.
                        - Léo Ferré, "Préface"