Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On 11/12/2015 06:10 PM, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> Also, I don't think that any statement we produce, neutral or not, would
>> help Daniel. Nothing short of "oh, we were completely wrong, Daniel was
>> right, and we're making changes to make sure it doesn't happen again"
>> would make him feel better or less "attacked".
>
> Agreed. However, there still remains the issue of how this will reflect
> on the project as a whole.

So far, I've only read everyone discussing how the project should handle
the situation, so that we don't look too bad.

Am I the only one who is sad, knowing that Daniel probably feels really
miserable right now? Or just nobody sees that?!?

I know Daniel cared a lot of Debian, and still cares so much for it. He
didn't just shut down live-build and his beloved Debian Live project out
of malice. Re-read his message announcing the closure, and probably
you'll feel his pain. Think about it, wait, and re-read his announcement.

We should not just let Daniel go this way. If we do nothing, then anyone
believing we're bad is bloody right. If we don't know how to make a
public statement, at least a private message sent to him, on the name of
the project (by the DPL?), is the least we can do, if nobody wants to
call him back.

Am I the only one who cares for what he feels?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)