Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 10:00:41 +0100
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/18/2015 12:43 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Am I the only one who cares for what he feels?
>
> Please don't paint it in a way as if Daniel has been innocent.

Please also remember Russ' earlier email. We do not need to dig over
this particular part of history again. We've done well so far.

Those who want feel badly for Daniel are not limited to those who are
making noise here. That does not mean that any particular statement or
fix for the social problem actually has any support from all of such
people.

> Like the situation with Daniel, there is a *lot* of backstory and
> history that weighs the DebConf debacle down. The backstory and
> history actually extends well before the current DPL's tenure.
>
> Regardless, that has nothing to do with Daniel's situation, nor how it
> should be handled.  As far as I'm concerned, the proper response when
> someone resigns from a Debian post is "Thank you for your work.", not
> "Please don't go!".
>

> --
>
> Patty Langasek

Absolutely. Please, everyone. Do not get dragged into the history and
do not make false or misleading representations of that history. It is
what it is and no good can come from revisiting any of it.

Daniel has been thanked for this contribution, long ago when he was
still part of the project. It's part of the history.

--

Neil Williams