Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

Steve Langasek wrote:

        Being off-topic is not the problem with this comment.  The problem with this
        comment is that it is disrespectful and denigrates the beliefs of members of
        this project.  Being a perceived majority does not make it any more
        appropriate to take pot shots at people's beliefs than if those people were
        a minority.

Sorry, but this kind of demand is unacceptable.

People deserve respect regardless of what they believe, but the belief
that I am going to burn in hell because I don’t share some ideas does
not deserve any kind of respect. Ever.

You can demand that, as part of the project, we must be open to anyone,
but certainly not to anything.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.        Josselin Mouette