Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 05:21:20PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Sorry, but this kind of demand is unacceptable.
>
> People deserve respect regardless of what they believe, but the belief
> that I am going to burn in hell because I don’t share some ideas does
> not deserve any kind of respect. Ever.

Very interesting. Who mentioned anything about hell? Oh you just did. What arebyou so afraid of?

I think what you are saying is that it would not be ok for anyone to state that they believe in some kind of judgement, but it is ok for someone to state that there is not any kind of judgement and that such views may not be expressed. Very tollerant and equal, sir. Thankyou for demonstrating my point so aptly.

> You can demand that, as part of the project, we must be open to anyone,
> but certainly not to anything.
>
> Cheers,

(PS do you really like the idea that someone like Hitler does not get punished for what he did? Actually no need to answer, that would take this thread off topic.)