Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

> Because Russ seems to be arguing that Debian should be sanctioning
> Linus's behaviours in fora outside of Debian's control by banning him
> from Debian events.
>
> That's equivalent to the United States trying to exert extratoriality
> of its laws outside of its borders.  ...

Just to be pedantic, I'd say it's more like the United States refusing
to grant an entry visa to someone due to that person's actions outside
of US jurisdiction.  To my knowledge, and for good or for ill, this is
actually something that all countries do.  By arranging this talk, one
might say that Debian gave Linus a DEBCON14-linked H1 deb-visa.  Which
it seems was a good decision.  That said, not giving someone a slot at
DEBCONF due to their record of talks, work, yada, in non-Debian places
is reasonable and in fact necessary.  That is the relevant committee's
job.  Although not very strident, I hope my post seems well justified.

                                                              --Barak.